The pages accessed via the CODING menu give details about the algorithms and Python code of the programs made available from the site.
Needing a new pastime I decided to learn a new computer language. I didn't speak any scripting language and was also interested in learning how to write GUIs and to display things graphically. I knew that Python had a Tk library, and overall, for me, Python looked like the best choice.
Some quotes from the Python site:
Python is a remarkably powerful dynamic programming language that is used in a wide variety of application domains. Some of its key distinguishing features include:
- very clear, readable syntax
- strong introspection capabilities
- intuitive object orientation
- natural expression of procedural code
- full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages
- exception-based error handling
- very high level dynamic data types
- extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task
- extensions and modules easily written in C, C++
- embeddable within applications as a scripting interface
What more could I ask? It's great!